Monday, February 9, 2009

More readers write..............

Questions and comments about your reading or listening to "Total Creep - A Guy's Guide" are welcome! You are welcome to comment here, or if you prefer, e-mail me directly at ic.london at live.com. I use either first names or initials on here to maintain your privacy.

Vic B. from Texas writes:

"I didn't read anything about using binoculars from the roof of a building. With everything that you cover in the book, and it is a lot, why is the roof not included?"

Good question, Vic. I didn't want to have a list of "no-no's" in the book, and rooftops are certainly on that list. The roof of an apartment or condo building, or of a commercial building is private property. In most cases, you would be considered trespassing, let alone the consequences of being "caught" with binoculars. Whoever nabs you could think you are using binocs to case a residence or office for potential robbery. Saying that you were planning to spy on a babe doesn't exactly set you free either.

If it is your roof, such as the roof of your house or townhome, it is not trespassing, but you would run the risk of being seen by anyone from a neighbor to someone passing by on ground level to whomever you are 'watching'.

Part of this I know from experience. When I was in college, I tried this by being up on the roof of an apartment building I lived in with my binoculars. I was a few feet back from the edge, but could still see up and down the street, as well as into the apartment building across the street. After about 10 minutes, I saw a car coming down the street, and quickly realized it was a police car. I ducked down and ran toward the ladder to hurry down. I quickly whipped into the apartment I was living in. But from climbing down the ladder so quickly my hands were filthy. I heard footsteps coming up the wooden outside stairs, since that was the only way onto the roof.

I quickly and quietly closed and locked the kitchen door of the apartment (where I had just come in). I ran into the bathroom and washed my hands, and quickly dried them. Sure enough, by the time I dried them, I heard a loud knock on the back door. I slowly opened it, and it was a police officer standing there. He asked me if I had been on the roof. I said "No, but I thought I heard some noises out here, but I thought it was my neighbor throwing out the garbage or something."

The officer then said "Let me see your hands!". I showed them to him, and they were clean. He knew whoever did it would have had dirty hands. Then, the old lady neighbor across the way came to the door and said she heard the noises too. I said something like "Is he still up there? I think there is another entrance to the roof, but I'm not sure." (There was another entrance to the roof on the other side a few hundred feet away.) I told the officer I had been up there before, but I certainly wouldn't go after dark and do something crazy like that. The officer said his partner was up there looking around. I told him I would keep my eyes and ears open and call them if I heard or saw anything else. He left. And I never went back on that roof again.

I didn't put this in the book because Total Creep is about how to successfully do these things, rather than about things that went wrong. But I'm glad you asked that.

Steve V. of Oklahoma writes:

"You really are a creep. I stopped listening after the 2nd CD. I have a 22 year old daughter and I would harm somebody if she caught them watching her or looking down her top or these other things you describe."

Sorry you didn't enjoy, Mr. V. You are entitled to your opinion. But I do need to remind you of something. I am not advising guys to do these things. I am explaining ways to do them so they don't get in trouble. There is a difference. Millions of guys have been checking out millions of babes for many years. I didn't start them doing it, and you nor I are going to stop them. Plus, there must be a reason that you bought this book or someone bought it for you. Hopefully your daughter can handle her own life.

No comments: