Friday, March 6, 2009

Technology and the Creep

Your comments as you listen to or read "Total Creep - A Guy's Guide" continue to be appreciated, at ic.london at live.com. Will continue to answer as many as I can......

Reese K. of Tennessee asks:

"Why do you comment about technology in the book when so many of your stories go back years ago, before this technology existed?"

Thanks for asking, Reese. It is with very good reason that I mention technology in the book. In fact, Ken Collier (my announcer for the Audio CD's) helped me add a bit more while we were finishing up.

The Ipod (MP3 player) and cell phones actually help us "total creeps" when it comes to checking out the babes while out and about. These days, no one will question anyone who stops for a moment while walking to use or "adjust" their hand held device. Could be a Blackberry, cell phone, MP3 player, or whatever. It fits into the strategy of the day, now. I only wish I had something like this years ago when I was going to school and later was regularly in a college campus area.

You can appear to be oblivious to your surroundings when doing this, as if you just received a text message, are doing a text, or are searching for the next song you want to hear. You can use that to your advantage.

I just came back to my office from lunch before seeing your e-mail. While walking back through a food court, I was walking behind a babe wearing a t-shirt which did not come down to the belt loops on her jeans, and she was not wearing a belt. (A good sign!) She had just picked up her food and was headed toward the seating area. I was walking behind her and pulled my MP3 player out of my shirt pocket and appeared to be searching. I slowed down my walk. Just as the babe was sitting down, I stopped for a moment just behind her. Turned out she had panties on and they covered her entire butt crack when she sat. But I walked ahead knowing I had the right timing and the best angle had there been something to see.

Yet, anyone else in that food court that might have seen me figured some middle-aged guy was figuring out his MP3 player. Years ago, I didn't have that option. Hooray for technology!

Since this technology is a part of our lives, you bet I want to incorporate that into the daily life of a Total Creep!

No comments: