Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nothing physical here, Becky

Becky A. of NJ writes:

"I can't believe that you go around acting as if it is perfectly OK to disrespect women and their right to privacy and encourage guys to do the same. You should be put away for good. Did it ever occur to you that other guys don't do this "as well" (as you put it) because they know better? Guys like you disgust me. No wonder you conceal your real identity And you can print this. Were you that guy that got busted in New York City? If not, you must know that creep."

Becky, Becky, Becky. You had better believe I'm printing this. First of all, I'm guessing you are referring to this story:


http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/08/10/2010-08-10_news_reader_helps_bust_train_perv.html


Let's get your facts straight. Nowhere, and I mean absolutely nowhere, in my book, audio book or any of my blog postings (TheTotalCreep.blogspot.com) did I or will I ever say anything positive about any male that actually touches a woman inappropriately and against her will. You fail to understand that such a disgusting act is NOT what I do, write about, or to some extent, teach. Guys like the one just arrested disgust me just as much.

While I will grant you that I can understand why women hate me because of what I write about, I do not encourage (or address) any physical contact whatsoever. Looking down the back side of a pair of low-rise jeans to see butt crack is not the same as actually touching a babe's butt inappropriately.

For the record, I'm glad to read about the arrest made in NYC.

Regarding the rest of your comments, as I have said before, just because I write about guys looking down tops and up skirts and spying on babes at home with binoculars doesn't mean I'm the only one who does this. The next time you see a babe walking down the street with half of her boobs on display, watch the faces of the guys she walks past. See where they are looking. Let me know how many of them are trying to sneak a peek down her top. Constantly. Then you'll know what I mean.

Yes, I conceal my identity. I do that for a number of reasons. One is personal security, since I prefer not to feel at risk if recognized, especially by women. (Even though my photo is on my blog page and Facebook page.) Another reason is that I am a professional who travels a lot and do not wish to have this possibly impact my business dealings, since many are decided by women. In addition, from a marketing position, the name I.C. London is a humorous tie-in with the subject matter.

So, yes, Becky, I have published your letter and responded to it. Please do not put me in a group with men who take inappropriate physical actions on a woman. It's like saying young girls caught sexting SHOULD have to register as sex offenders.



No comments: